“The best way to predict your future is to create it” ― Peter F. Drucker
To be a leading commercial fleet management brand in Southern Africa through the performance of our people, cutting-edge technologies and superior customer service.
To provide outstanding telematics solutions for fleet operators, enabling them to realise their business objectives. We will help keep their vehicles productive & secure and their drivers safe.
Work at Pointer
At Pointer, we understand that a job is not just about getting paid. It’s about finding the right fit where you can use your talents, make a real impact and get compensated well, with people who are dynamic and fun to work with.
We pride ourselves in being the leaders with our offerings in fleet management solutions. To achieve this, we need the right people, because great people make great companies. With a proven track record measured against constant service delivery, we know that experience counts. Going the extra mile to find the best people and to motivate them to be the best, is what we strive for.
If you want to be part of an incredible company and help create a better future for yourself — find your career at Pointer.
We strive to maintain an open culture in which everyone is an active contributor and feels comfortable sharing ideas and opinions. As a business, we team up and build relations without the constraints of traditional chains of command — this helps give us the freedom to encourage and support each other’s growth and development.
Outstanding customer service is the driving force behind everything we do and we strive to maintain the highest standard possible. In all facets of our business we conduct ourselves with Integrity, Honesty and Respect for both our staff as well as our customers.
Pointer recognises that its staff is fundamental to its success.
Our standard recruitment process includes:
- Your Application – search for a position and apply
- Telephone and/or email contact
- Face to face interviews – to get to know each other – fit for job, culture and career
- Pre-employment checks – this may include references, work history, police checks
- Your Offer – you will receive a formal written offer
- You’re Future – once you have accepted a role and you are ready to embark on your career at Pointer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and keep our business operations and workplace fair and free from all forms of inequality and discrimination.
Control Center Agent - Cape Town office
POINTER SA currently has a vacancy for a Control (Alarm) Center Agent in Cape Town.
The successful incumbent will be responsible and accountable to efficiently and effectively attend to the customer alarms, oversee the recovery of stolen vehicles process, test the units installed and attend to the overflow of calls made to the Customer Care department.
The individual must be:
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to remain calm in a pressurized environment.
- 2 years customer service related experience (non-negotiable)
- Be prepared to work shifts
- High degree of self-motivation, confidence and enthusiasm
- High degree of sense of responsibility
- Strong sense to serve and please customer/client base within corporate constraints and time constraints
- Ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Ability to effectively deal with conflict situations
- Ability to portray him/herself in business well
- Ability to learn quickly
- Process Driven / Delivery focused
- Computer Literacy
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record
- Good interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- High-level customer service skills as demonstrated by way of previous work history
- Proven track record in similar environment. 2-3 years of previous Call Centre and/or Customer Service experience preferred
- PSIRA registered (advantage)
- As this is a 24/7/365 operational centre it is a requirement to work shifts
Account Manager: Acquisition
This is a New Business Sales Role (Strong Hunting Skills Required). Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation, sales cycle management and deal closure. Develops and implements agreed upon Sales Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the relevant marketing area. Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
Key Performance Indicators
- Generate leads through cold calling from database; canvassing; referrals; networking. Manage conversion ratio from lead generation into new business sale.
- Build a quality pipeline to meet set monthly new business sales targets.
- Follow up on leads and prospects to close
- Manage an effective pipeline that is four times the set target.
- Drive the sales process and stage to close deals in the quickest time possible.
- Maintain weekly sales reporting to be submitted to National Sales Manager
- Meet sales metrics, target and sales proposal deadlines
- Complete written proposals and or tenders accurately and professionally
- Maintain sales professional standards at all times
- Be a Pointer Brand Ambassador
Internal / External Cooperation
- Maintain Pointer SA Professional standards at all times.
- Adhere to sales processes and sales metrics
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
Compulsory Minimum Requirements:
- The skills set required is STRONG “HUNTING” Sales.
- 4-6 years of sales experience in the corporate technical sales environment.
- Experience with Vehicle Telematics Industry and Mobile Resource Management or IT technical solution selling industry advantageous.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of customer relationship management
- Strong understanding of customer and decision making dynamics is a key requirement.
- Willingness to travel and work within a team of professionals.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas and work under quarterly review.
Send us your CV and cover letter for current vacancies or future recruitment initiatives.